Every Bert’s Big Adventure family deserves a Fairy Godparent!
What began in 2003 as a magical trip to Walt Disney World for six families now provides year-round support programs and four family reunions for our children with chronic and/or terminal illnesses and their family members. Bert’s Big Adventure, founded by Bert Weiss of The Bert Show on Q100 (99.7 FM) and his wife Stacey, has grown over the last 11 years into one of the top children’s organizations in metro Atlanta. We couldn’t be more proud of what we have accomplished in such a short time. Currently serving 122 families, we are in need of additional help to continue to provide the best service to these deserving individuals on a year round basis. Thus, we have launched the following volunteer program.
The Fairy Godparent Volunteer Program, sponsored by Carter’s Babies & Kids/Osh KoshB’Gosh, will allow Bert’s Big Adventure families to be visited on a daily basis when their child is admitted to a partner hospital. A team has been put into place so that when the organization is notified that a child has been admitted, the head Fairy Godparent will schedule volunteer visits throughout the child’s stay. These visits last approximately 1-2 hours. Bert’s Big Adventure will provide each volunteer with resources so that gifts, necessities and food may be provided on each visit.
Fairy Godparent Volunteer Program Mission:
The Bert’s Big Adventure Fairy Godparent volunteer program supports the organization’s families when a Bert’s Big Adventure child is admitted to a partner hospital. The Fairy Godparent volunteers visit the children daily and provide magical moments during a trying time.
Bert’s Big Adventure Fairy Godparent volunteer requirements include the following:
- Volunteers must be 21 years of age or older
- Volunteers must complete and pass the Bert’s Big Adventure volunteer background check
- Volunteers must pay a small application fee ($20). This fee covers the cost of the required background check
- Volunteers must receive annual influenza vaccinations and provide proof of vaccination to the volunteer services manager
- Volunteers must agree to provide volunteer services for a minimum of one year, and a minimum of one hour per month
- Volunteers must adhere to Bert’s Big Adventure policies and procedures
- Volunteers must complete the Bert’s Big Adventure application and training process
Share and Enjoy